Tuesday, June 17, 2014
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINS
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark or gold rum
- 3 bananas, peeled, halved crosswise and then lengthwise
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Friday, June 6, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Check out the video below and peep me making a cameo.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Monday, June 2, 2014
Sunday, June 1, 2014
"One for the money, two for the show, three for my haters, that I don't even know. This is for my Day 1 N!66@$, my Day 1 N!66@$." - June
Friday, May 16, 2014
Thursday, May 15, 2014
HOW TO ENTER:
Wilhelmina Models, Inc. and Essential Publications U.S. LLC (together, the “Sponsors”) are the sponsors of this model search (the “Contest”). Contest begins April 11, 2014 and ends June 9, 2014. Entries must be posted by 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 9, 2014. Entries and photos become the sole property of the Sponsors.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram.
1. ENTRY. Follow @GetScouted and @WilhelminaModels on Instagram. Upload two (2) current (i.e., no older than one month) color photographs, depicting entrant’s appearance, personality, photogenic quality and vitality, to Instagram and tag @GetScouted and @WilhelminaModels in each photograph. One (1) photograph must be a clear headshot and one (1) photograph must be a full-body shot. See the @GetScouted Instagram profile page or go to www.wilhelminamodelsearch.com for example photographs. Only followers of @GetScouted and @WilhelminaModels on Instagram will be eligible to win.
All photographs submitted must be the original creation of the entrant and the entrant must own all rights, title and interest in all aspects of the photographs. By submitting a photograph, the entrant represents and warrants that the photographs submitted: (i) are the entrant’s original creation; (ii) have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (iii) do not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right of any person or entity; and (iv) are the entrant’s sole and exclusive property (if the photographs were taken by some other person, the entrant warrants and represents that the entrant has obtained all rights and permission from the person who took the photographs so that the entrant owns all rights, title and interest in all aspects of the photographs). By submitting photographs, the entrant further represents and warrants that the entrant has all necessary rights to grant the Sponsors all publication and use rights in and to the photographs. By submitting photographs, the entrant grants the Sponsors permission to retain, modify, post and display the photographs on the Internet for public viewing and for possible use in promotional materials including print, online, and/or e-newsletters and the right to use and publish entrant’s Instagram handle in connection therewith. By submitting photographs that include another person or persons the entrant acknowledges and confirms the entrant has their permission and consent. As determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, photographs that include material unfit for publication, objectionable material, material that defames or invades the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise may infringe upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights will be disqualified. Photographs that are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors at their sole discretion, will not be accepted.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Open to men between the ages of 18 to 30 as of June 9, 2014 who are between six feet one inch (6’1”) and six feet three inches (6’3”) tall. Void where prohibited. Employees of Sponsors and/or their respective agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest, and members of their immediate families or persons residing at the same address are not eligible. Models who have previously performed services for modeling agencies in New York, but are not currently under contract with any modeling agency in New York, are eligible to enter. Models under contract with a competitive modeling agency in New York or who have earned more than $25,000 USD in modeling fees in any one year during the last ten years are ineligible. Entrants will not sign a contract with a competitive agency until after Winners have been announced. Failure to comply with this, or any other, portion of the Official Rules shall result in automatic disqualification.
3. JUDGING. There will be two (2) rounds of judging:
(a) Semi-finalist Round. On or about June 10, 2014, a panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsors will select semi-finalists (each a “Semi-finalist”) from among all eligible entries based equally on (i) appearance, (ii) personality, (iii) photogenic quality and (iv) vitality, as depicted by the photographs posted by the entrants. On or about June 11, 2014, Semi-finalists will be contacted and required to submit up to five (5) additional photos that meet entry guidelines, and a mandatory video, the former which the Semi-finalist must upload to the specified hosting site or send to Wilhelmina Models and the latter which the Semi-finalist must upload and post to his personal Instagram account. The videos will be viewable by the public on the Semi-finalist’s personal Instagram account. Example videos and pictures will be posted on the @GetScouted Instagram profile page or go to www.wilhelminamodelsearch.com. Video submissions will be considered in the judging at the Semi-finalist Round and failure to post a video will automatically disqualify the entrant from the Semi-finalist Round. Semi-finalist photo and video submissions must be received by Wilhelmina Models and uploaded to Instagram, respectively, no later than June 16, 2014 at 11:59pm EDT. Failure to upload the video as required and/or provide the additional images will disqualify the Semi-finalist, and no runners up will be selected at that point. Detailed instructions on how and where to upload videos and additional images will be provided to each Semi-finalist. Semi-finalists are required to complete and submit an affidavit and publicity release along with submissions materials. All photos and videos will become property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Decisions of judges are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of entrants.
(b) Grand Prize Round. Three (3) winners (each, a “Winner”) will be selected from the Semi-finalists by a panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsors, based on the following criteria: (i) personality, including vitality, poise and friendliness (50%); and (ii) photogenic appearance (50%). If a tie occurs, entries involved will be re-judged according to the criteria listed above by an additional judge who will serve as the tie breaker. Winners will be notified on or about June 23, 2014. Decisions of judges are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of entrants.
4. PRIZES. Each of the three (3) Winners will receive a three (3) day/two (2) night trip to New York City (“NYC Trip”). The NYC Trip includes: (i) roundtrip coach air transportation between New York City and the major domestic airport nearest each Winner’s residence; (ii) ground transportation to and from the New York area airport and all NYC Trip activities in New York City; (iii) standard hotel accommodations; and (iv) three (3) meals per day (ARV $3,000 USD). In addition, each Winner will receive a contract with Wilhelmina Models and a photo shoot for Essential Homme Magazine.
All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Total ARV of each Winner’s prize package: $3,000 USD. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes (or portions thereof) of equal or greater value if prizes (or portions thereof) cannot be awarded as described. Sponsors will determine all elements of prizing in their sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee express or implied. Sponsors disclaim all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third party product or service accepted by the Winners. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Winner fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide the required affidavit and release described below, is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, prizes will be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up. Entrants understand that Sponsors are not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Contest and acceptance, possession and use of prize. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. Decisions of Sponsors are final and binding in all respects.
5. PRIVACY. By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that Sponsors may contact the entrant regarding this Contest and may also send the entrant information, samples or special offers about Sponsors’ services, or other complementary goods or services offered by Sponsors that Sponsors determine may be of interest to the Contest entrants. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO SHARE YOUR INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsors and their agents, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of New York and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to every entrant.
7. MISCELLANEOUS. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to reject, disqualify, modify, edit, revise, report and remove any nude, obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, lewd, or pornographic or fraudulent entries, subjects, videos or photos, or any entry or part thereof which Sponsors, in their sole discretion, determine to be inconsistent with their editorial standards, audience expectations, or reputational interests, or that Sponsors believe may violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of a third party. By entering this Contest, entrants consent to a background check and Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant whose participation may, for any reason or perceived reason, subject the Contest, Sponsors, or Sponsors’ advertisers, clients or customers to negative publicity, controversy, scorn, or ridicule. Sponsors assume no responsibility for entries they are unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures or any other reason, or incomplete, damaged, misdirected, illegible, stolen or lost mail, online entries. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Contest should any computer virus, bug, technical corruption, unauthorized human intervention or force majeure affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsors otherwise become incapable of running the Contest as planned. In the event of cancellation, Sponsors reserve the right to select Winners from among all eligible entries received prior to date of cancellation. The use of automated entry systems or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Contest is prohibited. In the event of a dispute regarding entry, entry will be deemed made by the holder of an established Instagram account associated with the entry. Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit the participation of any individual if fraud, misconduct or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision of these Official Rules.
8. GENERAL: Except where prohibited by law: (i) entry constitutes permission to use winners’ name, personal Instagram handle, hometown, voice, likeness, photograph and any statements regarding this contest for editorial, public relations, promotional and advertising purposes on behalf of Sponsors without compensation; and (ii) Winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release within seven (7) days of notification or the entry with the next highest score may become an alternate Winner. If Winner notification is returned as undeliverable, the entry with the next highest score may become an alternate Winner. By participating and winning a prize, Winners release Sponsors, and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability with respect to the prize won and participation in the contest. This Contest is subject to all U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of Winners. The Winners will be posted on www.wilhelminamodelsearch.com on or about June 27, 2014.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Monday, April 21, 2014
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Dinosaur Eggstravaganza – the Bronx
Saturday, April 19-Sunday, April 20 11am-2pm
The Bronx Zoo, 2300 Southern Boulevard
Free with Total Experience Ticket: $33.95 for adults, $23.95 for children ages 3-12
Search for dinosaur eggs throughout the zoo in honor of the return of Dinosaur Safari.
Saturday, April 19 at 11am
St. Paul's Church, 315 West 22nd Street between Eighth and Ninth Avenues
The Chelsea outpost of the famous Trinity Grace Church sponsors this public fest featuring an egg hunt, crafts, face painting and snacks.
Easter Egg Hunt & Spring Festival – Harlem
Saturday, April 19 noon-4pm
St. Nicholas Park, 135th Street and St. Nicholas Avenue
Enjoy pastry decorating, face painting, games, dancing, a visit from the Easter Bunny and an outdoor egg hunt at this community fete.
4th U Easter Egg Hunt – Upper West Side
Saturday, April 19 12:30-4pm
The 4th Universalist Society, 160 Central Park West near 76th Street
This egg hunt is completely sold out.
In advance: $7 per family; at the door: $5 per family; some activities cost extra.
Go searching for eggs in Central Park with the 4th Universalist Society. This gathering features four separate hunts for different age groups as well as face painting, a live magician and other festivities. In the event of rain, the event will take place inside the org's church.
Easter Egg Hunt – Upper West Side
Sunday, April 20 10am-noon
Children's Museum of Manhattan, 212 West 83rd Street between Amsterdam Avenue and Broadway
Free with admission: $11
Head to CMOM for an egg hunt inside the galleries. Some plastic eggs will be stuffed with stickers, others will contain a pass for a free return trip. Afterward, stick around to learn about Easter traditions from around the world and decorate your own egg.
Easter Egg Hunt – West Village
Sunday, April 20 at 10:30am
Church of St. Luke in the Fields, 487 Hudson Street near Christopher Street
Right after services let out, families can follow the Easter Bunny into the garden to join in a festive egg hunt that's open to the public.
Dinosaur Egg Decorating & Egg Hunt – Upper West Side
Sunday, April 20 at 10:30am, 1 and 3pm
Bank Street Bookstore, 610 West 112th Street at Broadway
An egg hunt with a prehistoric twist! Kids can decorate dinosaur ova (a.k.a. egg-shaped rocks) and then search for them throughout the store's bookshelves.Preregistration required.
Bonus: Although there is no egg hunt at the annual Easter Parade on Fifth Avenue, there are plenty of gorgeous holiday bonnets, frocks and a Big Bunny or two, so it's a great way to celebrate.
Saturday, April 19 9-11am
Brooklyn Boulders, 575 Degraw Street near Third Street
Hunt through the nooks and crannies of this awesome rock climbing gym for eggs and redeem them for prizes. The most athletic egg hunt out there!
Brooklyn Heights Spring Egg Hunt – Brooklyn Heights
Saturday, April 19 at 10am
Pierrepont Playground, Columbia Heights and Pierrepont Streets
Candy, face painting, balloons and an egg hunt are all on tap at this annual neighborhood fete. There will also be a bake sale to benefit the playground committee.
Egg Hunt – Williamsburg
Saturday, April 19 noon-2pm
Msgr. McGolrick Park, Russell Street and Nassau Avenue
Enjoy live music, spring-themed crafts and face time with the Easter Bunny, then search for more than 500 eggs hidden in the grass. There's even a separate tots-only hunting ground. Bring your own basket! Save time by buying your ticket in advance.
Spring Egg-Stravaganza – Flushing
Saturday, April 19 noon-1:30pm and 2-3:30pm
Queens Botanical Garden, 43-50 Main Street near Dahlia Avenue
Garden admission of $4 for adults, $2 for children ages 3 and up plus $5 per child
Bring a basket to search for eggs hidden under the garden's crabapple trees. Afterward, enjoy crafts, face time with Flora the Flower and strolls through the lovely grounds.
Annual Easter Egg Hunt – Jamaica
Saturday, April 19 noon-5pm
St. Albans Memorial Park, Sayres Avenue and 173rd Street
Billed as the largest egg hunt in New York City, this Affinity Health Plans-sponsored usually attracts crowds of more than 5,000 people. In addition to the hunt, the day promises live music, pony and carnival rides, arts and crafts, and lots of candy.
Spring Eggstravaganza – Corona
Saturday, April 19-Sunday, April 20 10am-4pm
Queens Zoo, 53-51 111th St in Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Free with admission: $8 for adults, $5 for children ages 3-12
In addition to a traditional egg hunt, kids can get up close and personal with live giant Flemish hares Ruby, Flip and Olivia, as well as the Easter Bunny. Arts and crafts, and other springtime fun round out the day.
Forest Hills Ascension Presbyterian Church's Easterfest – Forest Hills
Sunday, April 20 11am-2pm
2 Russell Place near Ascan Avenue
The church's annual holiday celebration includes kids' games, crafts, refreshments and a traditional Easter egg hunt. Kids that attend the morning church service are admitted for $2.
Staten IslandSp-EGG-tacular Day! – Staten Island
Tuesday, April 15 11am-2:30pm
Mariners Harbor Library, 206 South Avenue between Arlington Place and Brabant Street
The borough's newest library hosts a fun egg hunt with two sessions, one for children ages 6 and under, the other for ages 7 to 11. There will also be crafts and face painting.
Greenbelt Easter Fest – Staten Island
Wednesday, April 16 4-6pm
Greenbelt Recreation Center, 501 Brielle Avenue
Search for the Golden Egg at Staten Island's Greenbelt Rec Center. Face painting, arts and crafts, egg decorating, games and a special appearance by Peter Rabbit and his pals round out the afternoon. RSVP by April 11 required.
Easter Egg Hunt – Staten Island
Saturday, April 19 at 11am
Historic Richmond Town, 441 Clarke Avenue near St. Patrick's Place
$5 for adults, $10 for children
Bring a cardboard egg carton to transform into a fancy Victorian-style craft. Afterward, hunt for eggs and meet the Easter Bunny. Best for children ages 3 and up. Prepaid reservations required. Call 718-351-1611 ext. 281.