Saturday, May 23, 2009

I fell in love again...




The Mercedes-Benz GLK (code name X204) is a compact luxury crossover released as a 2009 model elsewhere and as a 2010 model in North America after its public debut at the 2008 Beijing Auto Show alongside the competing Audi Q5.

The GLK-Class was launched in 2008 and is built in Bremen (Germany), the first Mercedes SUV to be built there. Its design is heavily influenced by the C-Class.


On 01/12/2008, actress Kim Cattrall at a special unveiling ceremony at the North American Auto Show in Detroit. Confirming that her Sex In the City character (Samantha Jones) would drive the SUV in the movie version of the popular TV show.

The GLK was presented for the first time in Detroit under the form of the Mercedes-Benz Vision GLK Free concept.


MBUSA partnered with four turners to develop customs designs for the newly released GLK for the 2008 SEMA show in Las Vegas. Boulevard Customs, Brabus, RENNtech, Legendary motorcar company, were the four tuners that had the unique opportunity to design their vision.

The GLK shares the C-Class (W204) Platform , and production plans continued after the demise of the similar Smart Formore.

I thought it was pretty ironic how I fell for this SUV but now I know why... If you know me personally. You know how much I want the new C-Class 300 in white NO chrome except for my rims :-) I was being persuaded by someone else (hint hint) into getting the New BMW 3 series hard top drop (convertible) Since the concept of this SUV was taken from the C-Class I get the best of both worlds... minus it being convertible. Decisions, decisions... I'll figure it out




No comments:

Post a Comment